The Beauty and The Ugliness - My Two Worlds!


They say I am beautiful; I am, I know…
But who has seen the ugliness behind this glow…

They say I am cheerful,
I always wear a smile,
But who knows the grief, the pain; I carry all the while…

They say when they meet me,
I seem to be the happiest of all…
But who is aware of the sorrows; that never peep out of my heart’s wall…

They say I am full of humour,
Everything to me is delight…
But no one can imagine the trauma I that I face each day & night…

Don’t ask me why I am muzzled,
It might seem, I am puzzled…
I am just presenting the reality, my experience and my fears…
It is my surveillance through all these years…
When you cry, you cry alone…
But, When you laugh, the world laughs with you…
So never show your picture true…
Because, the world views, what it really wants to…

Then you are appraised and appreciated,
Not for what you actually are, but for what you try to be…
Then you are completely admired too…!

Disclaimer: 

* Author of this post reserves rights for the content source being original work of art. Please do not copy without permission. ©Jyotika Rajput Mehra

* This poetic work of art is purely based on the author’s feelings and perception.

Comments